Use the form below to submit your service requests, complaints, or an update on an existing matter.
What kind of complaints can Community Board 14 help with?
In general, anything that involves a City agency. The following are examples:
- Abandoned/derelict vehicles
- Building or housing code violations
- Clogged catch basins
- Missed garbage collection or street sweeping
- Missing or damaged traffic signs
- Park maintenance
- Potholes and broken sidewalks
- Social services problems
- Street lights out
- Street tree replacements
- Zoning violations, such as commercial use in a residential zone
Keep in mind the following:
- File with a specific address when possible.
- File a complaint with 311 first: We are often better able to follow up on your request if you can provide a 311 (or DOT or Parks, if appropriate*) complaint reference number and build a request history within City systems. For missed garbage collection during work hours (9-5, M-F) or ther time-sensitive matter, call or email our office first. For emergencies please call 911.
* Visit DOT to report most street/sidewalk conditions and Parks to report a damaged tree or request tree planting, tree pruning, and other tree services.
- Document your complaint: Keep notes about your concern, using as much detail as possible and record the date/time of each occurrence/incident.
- Collect photo or video evidence: This can help substantiate the details of the issue. Do your best to take clear photos and videos.
Once you have collected this information, please fill out the form below:
Alternatively, you may submit your request via email to email@example.com, by phone to 718-859-6357, or by fax to 718-421-6077 or by mail to 810 East 16th Street, Brooklyn NY 11230.