NO QUESTIONS ASKED
Receive a $400 bank card for the 1st operable gun or assault rifle, $200 for each additional operable gun or assault rifle
Receive A $25 bank card for rifles, shotguns for rifles, shotguns, imitation pistols, air guns & non operable firearms
Payment subject to inspection by department specialists.
- No current or retired law enforcement
- Maximum of three (3) guns per person
- Limit 1 ghost gun per participant
2023 NEW YORK CITY GUN BUY BACK PROGRAM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- DO I NEED IDENTIFICATION TO SURRENDER A GUN? No, absolutely no identification is required.
- HOW DO I BRING A GUN TO THE DROP OFF-SITE? Guns must be placed in a plastic or paper bag or box.
- CAN I TRANSPORT THE GUN IN A CAR? If transporting the gun by car, the gun must be transported in the trunk of the car.
- WHEN DO I GET THE PRE-PAID CARD? After the gun is inspected by a department specialist.
- IS THERE A PHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION? Yes, you can call 646-610-5323 for information regarding the NYC Gun Buy Back Program to Reduce Violent Crime.
- CAN ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC SURRENDER A GUN? Yes. (Active or retired law enforcement officers and licensed gun dealers are not eligible to participate in the program.)
- CAN I HAVE SOMEONE SURRENDER THE GUN ON MY BEHALF? Yes, someone else can surrender the gun on your behalf.
- HOW MANY GUNS CAN I SURRENDER? Maximum of three (3) guns per person.